You might be thinking to yourself, come on...was it really that bad, and how pervasive was this plague of non-cool? Well, I'll let you be the judge, here is a list of symptoms that I observed:
#1 Total disregard for your kids self respect
- pea-green (aka puke green)
- big and bold brown
- baby bonnet blue
- Yuck yellow
- Fake wood paneling
- A back seat in some models of station wagons that actually faced oncoming traffic (yeah, that was a great idea... : )
#4 Purchasing clothing that had the words: "bell" and "bottom" in them.
Getting back to the station wagon. You know why they called these land yachts 'station wagons', because they took so much fuel to operate that you couldn't venture far from a gas 'station'. Also, they were modeled after some wagons (see image below).
- Hey, why don't we build a space craft and go to the moon?
- How much horse power can we cram into an engine, and still legally drive it around.
- Let's promote the use of bikinis on U.S. beaches
- Adopting the surfing craze that had been pretty much been confined to Hawaii before that time.